- Characteristics of Tyvek – Uncoated spunbonded olefin.
- Dimensional Stability – Sheet dimensions change less than 0.01% between 0 and 100% relevant humidity at constant temperatures.
- Not applicable
- Not applicable.
- FDA Requirements Tyvek meets the requirements of Title 21 of the USA code of Federal Regulations (21CFR 177.1520) for direct food contact applications where the temperature does not exceed 100°C
- Superior Moisture Resistance – Meets the saltwater immersion standard 5609
APPLICATION AND USE
- Suitable for high tear resistance labels and tags. Fort tie on tags, foodstuffs, cold conditions, horticultural and industrial labels.
- Rot and Mildew Resistance – Tyvek is mold and mildew resistant. It shows no degradation after being buried in soil for an extended period like paper products or coated synthetics.
- Soil Resistance – Tyvek resists soiling and abortion of oils and greases.
- Excellent printing on both sides by offset, silkscreen, flexo, letterpress, foiling and thermal transfer printing. Accepts water based, solvent or UV inks. Can be hand written with ball /koki pen. Excellent die cutting, folding and has high opacity.
STATEMENT OF PRACTICAL USE
- As with all materials, this product should be tested thoroughly under end use conditions to ensure it meets the requirements of specific application